Visita Porta Sancta
Virtual visitation of Jubilee Churches from Laguna, Philippines
Map of Laguna's Jubilee Churches
All Jubilee Churches Tours
- This year, the Catholic Church in the Philippines celebrates the 500 Years since the Spanish Missionaries implanted the Christian faith in our soils. The Diocese of San Pablo joins this celebration and stands ever strong as a local church amidst all that she has surpassed through the years. Certain upheavals and challenges characterized the formative years of the diocese, yet these brought out renewal and tenacity among the people of God, making them “thank, spread and preach God’s Kingdom”– the people of God truly seeking the Kingdom of God:“Maghari ka sa amin!” This year’s celebration of the Quincentennial makes it all the more an opportunity among the clergy, religious and lay faithful for a deep gratitude to God, “to evaluate what was done in the past, to see where we are at present, and to mark pathways for the future.”
- History attests to certain challenges posed to the Christian Faith of the people of Laguna: armed resistance in the town of Nagcarlan in the early evangelization, instances when public calm and peace were disturbed, occasional outbreak of pestilence, epidemics and natural disasters that resulted to many deaths. Despite all of these, however, we see thousands of faces who rallied behind these problems and advocated parochial organizations and activities. This defined the strong Christian Faith of Laguna.
- It is then with great joy that the Diocese of San Pablo with her priests and religious, and the numerous lay people is endowed with unending grace as it celebrates this great jubilee. With this strength must we continue to build upon our local church in Laguna so that we may celebrate this year with confidence as we face the future of our Diocese and our Province.
- This Virtual Visita Iglesia Project, in collaboration with the Civil Government of Laguna, LTCATO, and Virtual Reality Travel, is a testimony to this renewed commitment of service among the faithful of Laguna and the different stakeholders of our province.
- “Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.” (Matthew 5:16)